Tabata is a popular form of exercise among young people today. Tabata exercises to increase height are also attracting the attention of many people. It’s true that these exercises impact many organs in the body. They are beneficial for both height increase and improving health. Learn about the advantages of Tabata exercises for height in the following article from Debametulam.com!
What is Tabata-set?
Tabata is a type of exercise that falls under High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). It is named after Dr. Izumi Tabata, who developed this training technique at the National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Tokyo. The intensity of Tabata has been pushed to the limit that even an average person can do it.
Tabata consists of eight sets of exercises with 20 seconds of continuous training followed by 10 seconds of rest and then continued training. Estimates show that in just four minutes of Tabata, your body can burn approximately 240-360 calories. This is more than an hour of cycling, 1 hour of Zumba, two minutes of yoga, two minutes of walking, and one hour of running…
Can Tabata exercise increase height?
If you are looking for a quick way to increase height through exercise, then you should not choose Tabata. Compared to swimming, badminton, volleyball, etc., the effect of Tabata on height increase is much less. The main function of Tabata is to burn fat, consume energy, and support weight loss.
However, if you enjoy doing Tabata and want to increase your height, you can still do this exercise daily. Tabata can strengthen bone health and support height growth quite well.
The body is forced to move with strong intensity, while continuously changing postures from jumping, sliding, planking, crunching, etc., causing the bone and muscle system throughout the body to bear significant loads and absorb impacts. This supports the process of building mineral content in bones. As a result, bone density and the bone system become more flexible and resilient.
Like other types of exercises, Tabata will also stimulate the pituitary gland to produce more growth hormones, which is one of the determining factors of whether bones will develop more or less, faster or slower. This helps promote healthy height development.
You can continue the habit of doing Tabata daily to lose weight quickly and support height growth.
How much height can you increase after doing Tabata exercises?
It’s difficult to determine an exact amount that Tabata can help with height growth. The rate of height growth is influenced by many aspects, but the most significant factor is your diet. However, the rate of physical development can vary depending on the age of each individual. During puberty, height growth occurs rapidly and intensely and can exceed 12 cm per year. However, after puberty, the rate of growth slows down to a maximum of 5 cm per year and then stops completely at the age of 18 to 20.
If you are in puberty, actively doing Tabata exercises and maintaining a healthy lifestyle and diet can increase your height up to 12 cm per year.
How long does it take to do Tabata exercises to increase height?
During weight loss, the time for successful Tabata training may be shorter than the time required for height increase, as bones need more time to grow an additional 1 cm in length. Participating in Tabata regularly, ensuring that you are following a balanced diet and engaging in evidence-based activities, and after 3 to 4 months (during a healthy physical development phase), you will notice an increase in your body’s height. There will be a noticeable change.
Effective Tabata exercises to improve height:
- Stand straight
- You can raise your arms over your head, then kick one foot in the opposite direction.
- Repeat the process with the other leg.
- Complete within 20 seconds.
- Lie on the ground with knees bent and feet placed on the floor.
- Arch your back and lift your body up using your buttocks. Hold your hands tight and rotate your body to the left as you move.
- Perform the exercise for about 20 seconds.
- Get ready with a straight back posture and feet close together.
- Then, swing your arms forward and bend your knees, pushing your hips back to create a squat.
- Stand on your feet and take a deep breath.
- Repeat this movement continuously for 20 seconds.
- Lie face down with hands placed on both sides and palms facing down.
- Bring your right leg forward and slightly tilt. Both legs move in a cycling motion as if you are riding a bike. Left elbow taps to the right and right elbow gently moves to the left.
- Perform the exercise for 20 seconds.
- Start by standing with a straight back posture, legs spread apart.
- Place your hands in front of your chest, bend your right leg, and straighten your left leg until your back leans slightly to the right.
- Then switch to your left leg, straighten it, and lean your body to the left.
- Continue performing the exercise for 20 seconds.
Plank to push up
- Prepare by lying face down with both hands and toes placed on the ground, engaging both legs to hold your body straight.
- Lower your left arm down, then place it on the plank and continue lowering your right arm while placing your right hand on the ground.
- Keep your left hand up and then bring your right hand back to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise continuously for 20 seconds.
- Stand straight with feet shoulder-width apart, and hands clasped tightly together in front of you.
- Jump your feet backwards.
- Perform quick and decisive movements continuously for 20 seconds.
- Stand up straight.
- Kick your left foot forward, then swing your right arm forward. Touch your left foot with your left toe and swing your right arm behind you.
- Slide your right foot forward, touch your right foot with your left hand, and then swing your left hand behind you.
- Repeat this exercise for 20 seconds.
What should you keep in mind when doing Tabata exercises to improve your height?
To effectively increase height with Tabata exercises, you should keep in mind the following:
- Perform each exercise for about 20 seconds, then take a 10-second break before moving on to the next exercise. Use a timer to choose a suitable workout time for good results.
- It is important to warm up before exercising to avoid the risk of injury, cramps, and stiff muscles during and after exercise.
- If you are new to Tabata exercises, start slowly to allow your body to get used to the workout pace. Gradually increase your physical activity.
- Two hours before exercising, have a light meal to provide your body with energy. Then you can perform the exercises correctly.
- Drink enough water before and after exercising.
- If you feel discomfort in your muscles, especially in your shoulders, abs, legs, etc., you need to rest for a few days and then return to your exercise routine.
- People with a history of heart disease, high blood pressure, or diabetes should avoid Tabata exercises.
- Women with menstrual periods should perform appropriate Tabata exercises or stop exercising for a short time. Do not try to exercise enough, as it can have negative effects on your health.
Although not widely recognized for its ability to increase height, Tabata can be a great option for weight loss and maintaining a toned, slender body without spending much time. If you enjoy this type of exercise, schedule daily workouts as well as a healthy diet and adequate rest.