How tall should a woman be to be considered attractive is a frequent concern among women. As a woman, being concerned about body shape and appearance is natural. The following article from Debametulam.com will help you find the answer to your question as well as discover more secrets to a charming figure.
What is the average height for women?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the average height of an adult woman is about 1.63m. Are you at the peak of this? Check your height at your home.
Height continues to increase from birth until about 18 and 20 years old. The fetal period and puberty are the periods of the fastest height growth. If properly cared for during these years, bone development can be very good, helping us to grow quickly.
If you have not yet reached the height standard for women and are still in the height growth stage, you still have a good chance to grow taller.
How can you determine the standard height for women based on their age?
The average height of women changes over time until you reach adulthood. To determine if your height is standard for your age, check and compare your height with the following height chart for women:
|Age||Standard height (cm)|
At what age do women stop growing?
Most people do not grow taller after the age of 20. The age at which we stop growing will vary from person to person based on genetic factors, daily eating habits, etc.
Typically, women stop growing in height at around 16-18 years old, which is 1-2 years earlier than men. This is normal because women tend to experience puberty earlier than men. Therefore, the age of puberty may be shorter, and height growth will stop at a later age.
Girls usually hit puberty between the ages of 8 and 13. This is also a period of rapid height growth for women, ranging from 5-8 cm per year. After puberty, the growth rate gradually decreases and stops completely when you pass the age of 18. After the first menstrual cycle, height growth stops after a few years.
Therefore, girls can decide on the timing of their first menstrual cycle to know when they can increase their breast size, or visit a healthcare center to take an X-ray to assess the condition of the growth plates. Based on the X-ray results, the doctor will inform you if you are at an appropriate height or not.
Easy and effective methods to increase height for girls
If you have not exceeded the height limit and are under 18 years old, you can apply the following strategies to achieve the ideal height.
Using a scientifically designed diet
In daily meals, women should supplement a variety of foods that meet the body’s requirements for energy, carbohydrates, protein, minerals, and vitamins. In addition to three main meals, two snacks should be added each day, which are both nutritious and can provide energy to the body. They are beneficial to health and height.
Eating more calcium-rich foods
Calcium is found in many types of foods such as fish, meat, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Consuming a diet rich in these foods can help the body absorb enough calcium to form bones and help bones grow longer. Calcium is a key element in bone structure. If ther…
Sports may not be the favorite activity for most women. However, if you want to achieve superior height and a healthy body, you must participate in regular activities. Exercise will activate the pituitary gland to secrete growth hormones and help bones grow faster. However, exercise is an opportunity to increase bone density, which will ensure that you have good health with your skeletal system.
Every day, you should spend 45 to 60 minutes exercising. Suitable games for women of all heights include:
- Skipping rope
Getting enough sleep
This is an essential factor in increasing the height of women. Sleep is very necessary for the pituitary gland to produce growth hormones. The best time to sleep is before 10 pm every night. You should spend at least 8 hours relaxing and resting your body after a tiring day, replenishing energy and getting ready for the next day.
Ensure that the bedroom is clean and tidy. Curtains should be drawn to prevent sunlight from shining on the bed, set a suitable air conditioning temperature and reduce noise around to have a good and comfortable sleep.
Sun rays support the production of vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential for the skeletal system as well as physical development. It is necessary to allow the body to move calcium to the bones, helping them absorb and digest calcium better. In addition, sunbathing…
Some exercises can help effectively improve the height of young women.
To improve height, young women can practice height-increasing exercises quickly.
The clamp posture exercise
Practicing this exercise can help improve muscle firmness, massage internal organs, enhance blood circulation, and increase spinal flexibility.
How to do it:
- Ensure that you are sitting on the floor with your legs spread apart.
- Move forward with your toes touching the soles of your feet. Do not bend your knees.
- Hold this position for 30 minutes, then release and return to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise three times.
The wheel posture exercise
When performing this exercise, your body is designed like a wheel, with the abdomen stretched and the spine flexible and agile when bending, which is extremely beneficial for the height-increasing process.
How to do it:
- Relax on your back, bend your knees, place your feet flat on the floor, and your feet as wide as your hips.
- Your hands should be placed behind your back and your fingers spread open.
- Slowly lift your body upward and use your hands for support.
- You can hold the position for as long as possible.
- Lower your back and lie down in a completely relaxed position for a few minutes.
The cobra posture exercise
It is an excellent exercise for health, impacting muscles, stretching, and increasing the flexibility of the musculoskeletal system. Doing this exercise regularly will help the body become more flexible, supporting height growth.
- Lie on your back on the floor. Keep your legs straight, toes pointing down, and arms out to the sides.
Place your hands on your chest and use them to lift the upper part of your body while pressing your hips and thighs down.
Your body should be pushed to the maximum extent you can, then lower your shoulders and keep your hips straight.
Hold the posture for about 30 seconds, then relax your body back to the starting position.
Repeat this exercise three times each night.
Folded Posture Exercise
This exercise can help increase the flexibility of the body by stretching the spine and improving blood flow to the brain.
- Stretch your legs straight with your arms relaxed.
- Relax and then raise your hands above your head.
- Inhale, curl up while placing your face in contact with your knees, holding onto your ankles or resting on the floor.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds, then sit up straight.
- Repeat the movement 5-10 times in each workout session.
Ree Posture Exercise
This is a basic yoga pose that is effective in strengthening muscles as well as stretching muscles, joints, and supporting effective height growth.
- Stand straight with both feet together, arms relaxed or hands on hips.
- Then, raise your right leg. Fold it and then place your foot on the inner thigh of your left leg.
- Raise both hands high with the palms facing each other.
- Hold the position for as long as you can before returning to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise 3 times in each workout session.
Shoulder Stand Exercise
The initial posture is quite difficult to perform, but it can bring many benefits. Relax the neck and shoulders and promote blood flow to the thyroid gland. and stretch the spine.
Lie on your back on the floor, arms close to your body and straightened out
- Try to lift your legs, buttocks, and back to a high position, then place your lower back in your two hands as a support. Try to maintain balance for a few minutes.
- Lower your legs, then return to the starting position and rest for 10 seconds before continuing the exercise.
- Perform the same exercise five times in one session.
Height is a determining factor regardless of gender. Being taller than average can bring many advantages in work and life. If given the opportunity, women should pay attention to how to improve their height.