BTS, the Korean music sensation that has taken the world by storm, is not just a musical group; they are a global phenomenon. With their unparalleled style, exceptional talent, and a list of achievements that seems to know no bounds, BTS has ascended to an almost “invincible” status in the music industry. Their influence on youth around the world is nothing short of remarkable, and their popularity knows no bounds. Among the many questions that curious fans, especially the young ones, have about BTS, one that frequently pops up is about their heights. In this article, we will delve into the heights of the BTS members, shedding light on this intriguing aspect of the beloved KPop idols.
- Leader RM tops the list with the tallest height in the group, standing at 1.81m. As a result, in most promotional posters for their music projects, RM is always placed at the back or in a seated position to blend in with the other members of the group.
- Member Jin ranks second in the height chart with a height of 1.79m. His masculine face and exceptional height compared to the standard make Jin stand out.
- V is third on the list with a height of 1.78m. The 1995-born heartthrob is always sought after by girls for his unique appearance and beautiful name.
- Jungkook, with a height equivalent to V, is the same height as his older brothers at 1.78m.
- The elegant beauty J-Hope is fourth in the height chart, with an impressive height of 1.77m.
- The cold and icy Suga stands taller than 1.74m.
- Ji Min is the shortest member of the group at 1.73m. Despite being the smallest in the group, Ji Min always impresses with his excellent singing voice.
Biographical information about BTS members
Each member of the world-famous BTS music group possesses their own distinct personality and musical style. When they come together, BTS creates unforgettable moments for their fans, leading to their widespread popularity around the world. As a fan, it’s worth exploring an overview of the biographies of each BTS member.
RM, the leader of BTS
- Real name: Kim Namjoon
- Stage name: RM a.k.a. Rap Monster
- Birthday: September 12, 1994
- Hometown: Ilsan, Gyeonggi, South Korea
- Weight: 67kg (147 pounds)
- Blood type: A
Namjoon, the leader of the globally renowned BTS, was born and raised in a non-artistic family. It was his older brother who introduced him to hip-hop music in fifth grade with Epik High’s first hip-hop song “Fly,” which was about poetry. RM turned his lyrics into messages of inspiration and motivation through his songs.
Despite his impressive academic results, Namjoon’s family often rejected his decision to pursue music. However, with his unwavering love for music and determination, he became the leader of BTS.
Some of the major career milestones of RM include signing with Big Hit Entertainment and debuting with BTS from 2010-2013, his first solo collaboration with Problematic Men from 2014-2016, and releasing his second mixtape, Mono, and other collaborations in 2017. RM was also named one of the 100 most handsome faces of 2018 by TC Candler. He is known for his intelligence, confidence, attractiveness, and consideration for others.
BTS member Suga
- Real name: Min Yoongi
- Stage name: Suga
- Birthday: March 9, 1993
- Hometown: Buk-gu, Daegu, South Korea
- Weight: 59kg (130 pounds)
- Blood type: O
Suga, the youngest in his typical Korean family, was destined to be a musician. It was after listening to Stony Skunk’s hit “Ragga Muffin” that he decided to pursue his love for music. At just 13 years old, he began writing music, and at 17, he started working in a recording studio, where he began creating music. He started his career as an underground rapper, going by the name Gloss, which means shiny.
BTS member Jin
- Real name: Kim Seok Jin
- Stage name: Jin
- Birthday: 12/04/1992
- Hometown: Gyeonggi-do Gwacheon, South Korea
- Weight: 63kg (139 lbs)
- Blood type: O
Kim Seok Jin, also known as Jin, initially had a strong passion for acting and aspired to become a professional actor. He even had the opportunity to audition with SM Entertainment, but ultimately decided to steer away from acting.
Instead, he joined Big Hit Entertainment with hopes of pursuing acting, but his musical talent was recognized by the company. Jin is now one of the main vocalists of BTS and has a number of popular solo songs. In 2017, when BTS participated in their first Billboard Music Awards ceremony, Jin gained international attention for his strikingly handsome appearance.
- Real name: Park Ji Min
- Stage name: Jimin
- Birthday: October 13, 1995
- Hometown: Busan, South Korea
- Weight: 61kg (134 pounds)
- Blood type: A
Prior to becoming a teenager, BTS’s Jimin had a strong passion for contemporary dance. He was enrolled at Hanlim Arts High School and was the top student in contemporary dance. After a successful audition, he caught the attention of Big Hit Entertainment.
Jimin is now a master in both dance and choreography and is recognized as the main dancer of BTS.
- Real name: Jung Ho Seok
- Stage name: J-Hope
- Birthday: February 18, 1994
- Hometown: Gwangju, South Korea
- Weight: 65kg (143 pounds)
- Blood type: A
Before joining BTS, J-Hope was a member of the underground dance group Neuron and worked as a vocal trainer for six years. He joined Big Hit Entertainment as a first-year college student. J-Hope has exceptional dancing skills and has been winning awards since he was in the fourth grade, up until his first year of high school when he joined Big Hit Entertainment.
J-Hope gained fame for his dancing skills even before his debut with BTS. He has won numerous awards for his dancing ability. While still a student, J-Hope appeared in the famous song “Animal” by Jokwon, which was released in 2012.
- Real name: Kim Tae Hyung
- Stage name: V
- Date of birth: December 30, 1995
- Hometown: Daegu, South Korea
- Weight: 62kg (137 pounds)
- Blood type: AB
From a young age, V was enthusiastic about singing and aspired to become a professional singer. His father was a devoted fan of V and even began learning the saxophone during V’s early high school years.
V successfully passed his audition in Daegu and became a trainee at Big Hit Entertainment. In addition to his musical pursuits, V has also achieved academic success.
- Real name: Jeon Jeongguk
- Stage name: Jungkook
- Date of birth: September 1, 1997
- Hometown: Busan, South Korea
- Weight: 66kg (145 pounds)
- Blood type: A
Jungkook decided to join Big Hit Entertainment in honor of his idol, RM. To reach the level of talent he possesses today, Jungkook had to undergo extensive training and work hard to become one of the seven members of BTS.
Prior to his debut, Jungkook was also a dancer for the group Glam.
When did BTS first appear?
The BTS music phenomenon began in June 2013 when they released their debut album, “2 Cool 4 Skool,” on M! Countdown. The title track, “No More Dream,” only ranked 124th on the overall Korean music chart and quickly fell off, failing to meet expectations.
However, through their hard work and dedication, BTS achieved worldwide recognition on July 17, 2017. Big Hit, BTS’s management company, officially announced their logo and the formation of their Army community. Big Hit also chose the acronym “Beyond The Scene” as a representation of BTS.
The achievements that BTS has made in the music industry are remarkable
BTS, the iconic idol group from South Korea, has achieved an unprecedented level of success in the music industry that has left an indelible mark on both the global music scene and the Korean economy. Their remarkable journey has not only set numerous Guinness World Records but has also served as a wellspring of inspiration for young people worldwide, transcending the boundaries of music and extending into the realms of merchandise and social media.
BTS’s ascendancy to legendary status is underlined by an astonishing array of Guinness World Records:
- They became the first K-pop single to make its debut at the summit of the highly coveted US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- BTS claimed the top spot on the U Artist 100, solidifying their status as the most influential artist, and they became the inaugural Korean group to achieve this feat.
- In a historic milestone, BTS soared into the top 10 best-selling singles chart in the United States.
- As the highest-earning K-pop group in South Korea, BTS has revolutionized the economic landscape.
- Their live stream events have captured the attention of millions, establishing the record for the most-watched live stream on their dedicated channel.
- BTS has sold more concert tickets for a single concert than any other group in history.
- They also achieved an unprecedented streak of consecutive weeks at the No.1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- BTS holds the record for the most Mnet Asian Music Awards received by a group.
- They have achieved the highest album sales by a group in South Korea.
- BTS boasts the most Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards won by a group.
- Their K-pop hit attained the highest weekly position on the US Hot 100 chart.
Beyond these remarkable accolades, BTS has managed to amass unparalleled social media engagement, eclipsing the reach of any other entity. This accomplishment owes much to the unwavering support of their devoted Army fanbase. Employing cutting-edge 4.0-generation media advertising techniques, BTS’s music has resonated with audiences worldwide, touching the hearts of children and adolescents across the globe.
BTS’s appeal among young people is a testament to their extraordinary talent, relentless work ethic, and an innate ability to connect with their audience on a deeply emotional level. As torchbearers of the next generation of musicians, they continue to break barriers and inspire with their music. The world eagerly anticipates BTS’s future endeavors, hoping for even greater heights and more resounding successes to come.